Jul 15, 2008

Nuclear Crap!

Well, as things go, there are forwards & there are Forwards. Appropos to my earlier blogpost on nuclear deal, I got a very interesting & apt forward from a colleague. Perhaps it was a very good hint that I shouldn't venture into areas in which I have scarce knowledge. Point duly noted :-)


A stranger was seated next to a little girl on the airplane when the stranger turned to her and said, 'Let's talk. I've Heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.'
The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger, 'What would you like to talk about?'
'Oh, I don't know,' said the stranger. 'How about nuclear power?' and he smiles.
'OK,' she said. 'That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass - .. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'
The stranger, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.'
To which the little girl replies, 'Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?

3 comments:

Sachin Kulkarni said...

I came across this blog, when i was reading various blogs on the nuclear deal. This 1 was really funny :)

Sachin Kulkarni said...

Well, yesterday I had put a status msg on gtalk abt the Vote of confidence. And suddenly many of my friends pinged and ask what it was! One of my friends asked "anything serious?" Another friend asked "What will happen bcoz of that?". I actually felt bad that we, the future of the country don't even try to be politically aware of whats happening.Cant we at least have a top level idea ? Leave alone the details.

My maths teacher once said, "Knowledge should come from 360 degrees". Sometimes whenever I have a debate with my friends, ppl allege each other that their knowledge is half baked. I feel that none of us would be in a position to have fully baked knowledge on anything we do. In that respect I feel that ppl should discuss no matter how little their knowledge on any topic is. It broadens their view and encourages them to do more research.. What Say?

Vaidehi said...

Well, I agree wholeheartedly with you. Its really sad when you, as the Citizens of the Country are not aware of whats going on...I have met many people whose first reaction about hearing the word 'politics' is like 'Uh-huh, keep me away from such crap!'.

I agree, that the image of politics is very much tarnished(nd rightly so) but then you miss out on a very simple fact that politics is also about governance- issues that have big repercussions on our day-to-day life.Same goes wth other things too...Then it really doesnt make ny sense to close ur eyes to the world around you, does it?

Reminded here of a parody of a famous proverb i had read sometime back here:

Ignorance Is Bliss,
But for Who??