A very beautiful thing has happened in the last few days..After a very long time, I am feeling that I am at peace… At peace with myself & with others… It is a similar feeling to having come home after staying away for a long time…To put it poetically, Jaise Manzilon ko Saahil mil raha hai…
As I had mentioned earlier too, I had been feeling quite restless the last couple of months… I was pushing myself hard, trying to find that elusive ‘something’… Then a couple of days back I read a wonderful book called “The Present” by Dr. Spencer Johnson (the author of Who moved my Cheese). In the middle of that same night, in a sleeplessness induced soul-searching exercise I suddenly realized that the maybe on reading the book, I had inadvertently stumbled on something monumental. No, I had not found or even realized what I was seeking. But I realized that in pursuit of that ‘something’, I was loosing out on the most important thing: My Present…I realized that I had stopped enjoying what I was doing at that moment; stopped appreciating the smaller joys of life, in search of the bigger ones…That was the moment I also realized that I had been dwelling too much in the past & worrying too much about the future. And once that realization came, I decided to work on it…to gift myself my present!
That night I decided to live for the moment…to learn from my past, but to let it stay where it belongs- the past & not let it encroach on my present. Also have decided to stop worrying about the future, yet plan to enjoy my present activities in such a way, that I am ensured of a good future…I know that, it’s easier said than done… but believe me, when I say, that when u start implementing this, its not that difficult either!
My decision (not calling it a resolution; as resolutions are meant to be broken) made, I stirred myself from my musings. Went outside to the balcony & really Looked at the sleepy night skyline…After a long time, I appreciated the silhouette of the coconut tree branches against the burgeoning dark sky & the birds’ late night chirping… And all of a sudden, I became aware of so many things that had been right in front of me, but was too obtuse to notice or feel all along… Finally, could appreciate what the book was telling me:
The Present
Is not the Past And
Is not the Future.
The Present is
The Present Moment!
The Present is Now!
Dec 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Excellent post. Very well written.. waiting for a similar moment of peace in my life! Tk cr..
Thanx a lot! And hoping that U come to terms with ur own life & find peace within it pretty soon...
Well, in pursuit of happiness indeed..
"Good that you realised this early. I am just confused, how you missed this beautiful point in almost all books of Swami Sukhbodhanandand or Sri Sri Ravishankar. Geeta saar also derives from this (my interprettation) "Karm kiye ja phal ki assa mat rakh". Don't think of past victory or failure coz it is gone. And your Dreams about future. That is how you want to see yourself. In the Fight between Future and Past, we lose Present.
Good Writeup, spread this wise message to others too"
simple clear and truth of many of us.... nice article
finally ;)
thats the best state of mind...but still your quest (for the "motto" of your existence ;) )doesn't end!!
how coe that doesn't find a place in your blog, VK?
The Realisation..hmm well its a nice post which made me to rethink abt my busy life reaching a goal in life....for a while i lost my self in self mining "im i enjoying my presence? or im i just making my present time as a steping stones to get my dreams come true....any way Vaidehi its a nice articulation of some important n crucial thought trains.
Post a Comment